I think everyone’s passion in Second Life is taking pictures of your best moments in Second Life. We can find tons of models, but we can’t find tons of PROFESSIONAL photograpers. I mean by photographer as :
– Have a good sense of perspective, use and abuse of the editing tools that professionals image editors gives to us, and of course, the ability to be creative in using poses.
You can make your own photo book, using this tips that i find helpful to myself and my crew, and i would like to share with you people who wants to start having some business around Second Life.
- AVOID the most freebie poses that already seen in most of the freebie products, and everywhere. They don’t really impress and there is a few that we can say “it’s good to use”. The rest is a pure terror! Those “gothic atitude” is a photograpy chaos.
- Studios or Spheres – Try to find those with gives you lots of varieties and resources. Use them with responsability, to not make your picture with hundreds of useless particles, colours, fogs and backgrounds. Ah! about the backgrounds, taking a picture above a photo of a EIFFEL TOWER PHOTO is nothing glamorous.
- BE CAREFUL WITH ACESSORIES! Bracelets not attached well to your arms, or even worse – giant bracelets, blinging piercings, bad attached gadgets, flying necklaces, and other incredible funny stuff are a big danger when you are modeling! Taking a few minutes on a stand pose to attach all of them well before a photography section! This will be good for you, i can tell!
- Clothes – Attention! A quality book requires quality clothes! So, for a great professional portfolio with 2 or 3 sets, stop being a poor guy or girl and invest yourself in good simple combinations but glamorous, and choose the best way to have your own fans or customers. Famous stores and international ones are the best choice, make mistake with those products it’s almost impossible to, unless you are a redneck commanding your avatar, LOL (nothing against them)
- Lights enviroment – The most important step for a big diferencial! Put your computer graphics to the most high you can, and abuse of the all ilumination you got. If the enviroment you are, are badly iluminated, try use the lighint tools that the studio can give or those face lights that you can find almost everywhere. What it doesn’t really count is those dark pictures with a dead looking, like you can see in most of the noob photo albums.
- Photo Edition – Perfect photos just turn perfect when you edit them. Using Photoshop or any other photo editor guarantee you a great final effect. The biggest diferencial is, you can see when someone is professional or not just seeing how they can use those image editors well. This is really important, more advanced your knowledge, more efficience will be at the end!
- Angles – Girls or boys, DO NOT try to inovate too much and try to be those liberal cibernetics. It sounds like a joke, but the quantity of girls showing their undies under the flexi skirt is incredible. Don’t use strange, badly or funny angles. Don’t do the most exagerated thingie, do care about the products you wear and make you avatar look professionaly wonderful. Taking a picture of yourself in side looking, or the sky appearing could be romantic but it doesn’t really gives any value to any merchant who are looking for models to use their products to sell.
- The Sets theme is always opcional. But i always would like to see them than just see a simple studio blank picture. Try to find a great and different place you ever seen, but always try to match with the purpose of what you want, and start working! It’s always good to take a look over the place you are before you take any picture. The great quality of the place textures always count. Try to avoid those newbie mainlands with nothing to offer but just big newbie advertising wich gives you a really bad looking on the picture. In this case, you can try those mobile studios where you can find in Animation Islands, There is a lot of varieties, so don’t use your NOOB STANDING POSES!
Do you think this is all complicated? You don’t have abilities to edit your own image? Your avatar looks like a terrible monster on the picture ?
Calm down, just because of it you cannot think that you can’t be a star!
There are lots of GREAT PROFESSIONALS over the Second Life ® wich works only with this kind of business, and books confeccion! We know that we find lots of types of so called “photographers” but nothing just some bad edited image, and they also think windlight is perfectly for image edition! No! If you really take a look on the Search you will find good photographers. If you have doubt in any photographer you found, you can ask them to show thei past works, portfolios and talk with them! Say everything you want and need for a great photo book! And of course, ask them to make the best they can, because you are paying for it.
Who desires to be a model, besides that beauty can be done for everyone, don’t give up and invest on the best way you can. The Model carreer is a real thing over the Second Life®, but not much explored by people.
A Futuristic theme Photo Set.